Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Mouse House

We did have some extictment this weekend. So as some of you know I not a fan of mice ok thats un understatement I HATE them. Well Jared was walking in the living room to watch his wood working show he really want's to be Norm Abrum if you know who that is, anyway all the suden he say's oh h***, we have a mouse, I simple respond by grab Kinley and climb on the closet chair which is also the one that has her booster seat attached to it. Jared being the great husband he is and knowing how mush I love these animals sets off to chatch it. Well we had four sticky traps at the house so he put them out and started trying to scare the little thing into going toward them. About ten minutes later he's got the coach completely flipped over and every one of Kinleys toys and blankets throw around and we can't find the creatcher. I being the brave women I am suggest that we go buy a couple more. About thirty dollars later we now have four snap traps in the basement (so Kinley can't get them), eight more sticky ones, and a mouse house, the ones that don't kill you just catch and release (I don't want him dead just out of my house). For a grand total of twenty traps. The mouse house is my trap to set and place out, I'm trying to be brave.
Now all we have to do is wait...


Nothing that night so now I have to try and sleep with this thing roaming my house, knowing that its out there wondering free. I slept great as you could have guessed. Kinley and I are up before Jared so she and I play for a while before waking him to have the mighty hunter check the traps, he comes back up and we still didn't have it. An hour or so later after having sent him down two more times because I know I heard it this time. He goes down to the basement and while coming back up see my trap, now remembering to check it he see's that I've got the mouse and it's been in there a long time Alive might I add. So after a great night sleep and all the mighty hunters traps We've had this two ounce monster in a mouse house most of the time. After this long story those of you cheering for me will he happy to know things are good we haven't caught anymore and that one is long gone, those of you cheering for the mighty hunter , well he didn't like getting dooped and had to get his pray even if it was captive. Those of you cheering for the mouse (we need to talk) it ended quickly I'm told.

5 comments:

Heather said...

WAHOO! Get rid of the bugger! Peanut butter is the best bait ever! Hopefully there isn't a next time, but if there is, use it!

Sarah Jean said...

You made me laugh out loud. Thanks for retelling the story. It was funny when you told me about it and it's just as funny rehearing it.

Brandon said...

Haha. That little guy made for a good story.

Anonymous said...

So so gross yOU are way more brave then me. I couldnt even imagine having to look at that little guy stuck in there!

Kiersten Allred said...

Haha...I still remember when you had that problem in your townhouse and we had to call one of my friends over to get it out of the cupboards and when you went to get the trap in the closet to use there was already a dead one trapped in it. I'm with you...hate the mice.