So its four am, I am at work tyring to get a few minutes of sleep while the machines run and all I can think of is my grandma Wese, so I though I would type of few of the things I am thinking. After reading the many, many emails going around reflecting on grandma, I cant help getting sad, but then I got thinking.
I was reading all these wonderful things that everyone wrote about her, and all these wonderful quality's that we remember Grandma for are all still around. I know what your thinking who's typing this, but its me Jared. I first read the email that started it all from my wonderful mom, and as I was reading it I realized she was listing not only the great things I remember about Grandma, but it was my mom. It hit me like a ton a brick and you know I am so excited to have a baby, even more so than before because I know my daughter is going to have as many great memories about her Grandmother as I did with mine..
Another think that made me think of my Mom was something kind of small but it was the Nintendo she loved, If I had a dollar for every time my dad hid my moms game boy (and the only game she owns Dr. Mario) I would be a rich rich man, she loves that dumb thing.
You know my very best memories of grandma was the way she looked at you and the way she hugged you, at that moment you felt like the most loved and important person in the entire world. You know who else has that look and that hug, there are three people that come to mind right off the bat, my Mom, My uncle Roy, and of course my Aunt Becky.
All I can say is I am glad that she was your Mom.
I don't talk or even think like this very often but I guess even tough guys like me can have there moments.
I will most likely read this again tomorrow after I sleep and before I have been up for over 20 hours and take it off but for the time being, hey what the heck. I love and miss you grandma, Jared
6 comments:
You are wonderful bud - I love you.
well said!
Wow! I read it once, I read it twice...and I agree that your little one is going to have a great grandma and a great daddy too! I am delighted when I see so much of Jay in your Jared. Two awesome men! It is wonderful to see the goodness passed on.
I'm a little speechless...this was just so well said, and so true, and so loving. I agree your mom has the best of Grandma Wese, how we all are best by those women.
Not one of my family members told me to check the blog today- and I was actually hoping to see how kayleens belly was doing. . . but that was the best suprise of my day! Thanks for writing it Jared! I just adore our Grandma, and all of her daughters who have so much of her in them!
It's late and the house is quiet. Ken went to bed early because he was up very early this morning so he could be sure to get a golf game in before work. I thought it would be a nice time to 'check in on family' and wondered if there was a new picture of Kayleen and baby girl Streator. Then . . . you made me cry. Jared, you are such an incredible man. Thank you so much for your thoughts of Mom and your unfailing kindness and love. I know, without doubt, that your Mom's and Dad's hugs for their grandchildren will hold the same comfort, acceptance and love as "Grandma Wese's" hugs did. I know because I've benefited from them myself. You and Kayleen are going to be such incredible parents! Your daughter is one lucky little girl (I can't wait to meet her)! Love and hugs - Aunt Becky
Post a Comment