Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

A friend of my was telling me about this co-op thing she does for fruits and veggies. So I decided to try it because we could really eat more of both. i was so excited to get our first one today. I can't believe how great it is. Let's see if i can remember every thing we got, roman lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, broccoli, spaghetti squash, bananas, apples, oranges, three mangoes, strawberries, pears, plus anything else I forgot. In all a full laundry basket of food for 15.50. Kinley thought it was the coolest thing to see all that food and to help put it away, she took a bite out of the broccoli bunch, and apple while asking to eat the bananas, pears and strawberries. I loved letting her eat strawberries for breakfast, she got her sweet and I got mt healthy. I've also always wanted to try spaghetti squash but never been brave enough to buy it, so if any one know any good ways to eat let me know.

3 comments:

Jamee said...

I love spaghetti squash!!! you just scoop out the stringy part and put it in the microwave with butter, salt and pepper. YUMMY!!!

Sarah said...

We steam it first and then scoop it out and eat it with alfredo sauce. Google a recipe for spaghetti squash. There are pretty good ones.
Where did you get this!? I want in!

nicole said...

You can also cook it like a potato in the oven, lots of butter and brown sugar. I tried it this last month and the stringy is a bit different but it was still yummy!